Thursday, June 24, 2010

What's Happening With The Kids These Days

OLIVIA

Olivia has her two bottom teeth now. I don't know if you can tell from the 2nd picture... But, they've actually grown in even more since it was taken. She started out as my easiest baby. I could have sworn she was "perfect". Now she has turned into my little firecracker! She "growls" at us, grabs "violently" at our faces, and screams when she has to take a nap or go to bed! But, most importantly she is adorable, loves to be kissed and cuddled, and is sweet when she wants to be. ;) She reminds me so much of Kayla. My precious baby girl, the one I dreamed of for months before I was even pregnant. I love you my sweet baby Livy.



AIDEN

Aiden started out as my hardest baby, and boy has that changed in the past month! I was having such a hard time with him being so obsessed with breastfeeding that he wouldn't take a bottle, or even really interact with me much other than breastfeeding. Now, don't get me wrong, I am a huge advocate of breastfeeding. But, I think you always have to weigh the benefits against the negatives in each individual situation. I have never had the experience of breastfeeding one infant. I can't even begin to explain the demands of breastfeeding two infants. I pumped for the first 4 months of Kayla's and Haley's lives because as preemies they were too weak to breastfeed until they were 4 months old. I spent up to 2 1/2 hours out of every 3 hours of the day and night feeding infants, and pumping breastmilk for them for the first few months (preemies eat much slower than healthy infants). I almost lost my milk supply twice (once when I was hospitalized for 5 days for the emergency removal of my gallbladder when the girls were just 2 months old). I felt drained most of the time, unable to take in enough calories to sustain much energy. It was hard, and I did not enjoy it like they say you should. But, I still did it, and lovingly might I add. And, for that I am eternally proud. I was able to breastfeed them until they were 9 months old when Kayla started biting me with her dagger sharp baby teeth - youch! This time around my babies were born healthy and I was able to breastfeed from the very beginning. Trying to parent (and potty train mind you!) two toddlers while breastfeeding two infants is the hardest thing I have ever had to do! At almost 6 months old Olivia started biting me and that was the end of nursing her! When I started to realize how depressed I was becoming because of barely being able to leave the house because of Aiden's dependency on me I realized it was time to stop. I am so proud that I made it to almost 6 months of breastfeeding with Olivia and Aiden! But, I will not lie and say that I am not  relieved to be done. Now Aiden has finally begun to come out of his shell, and he is such a cuddly, loving, sweet, funny, smiley, interactive little character! I am no longer resentful, and I enjoy him so much more! On another note he will probably be getting glasses next month. With all the glasses on both sides of our families it was bound to be passed down to at least one of our kids! I think he will look charming and handsome, and I can't wait to post pics once he gets them. :)




KAYLA

Kayla is such a character. She's still just as "spunky" as ever! The funniest thing she has said to me recently: Me: "Kayla, you need to share with your sister", Kayla: "No mama, I share with myself". I laughed pretty hard over that one! I think she will be a leader, at least that's what I tell myself when I am ready to lose it because of her attitude!


















HALEY

Haley loves to draw. She can sit and color for hours (literally). She told me recently that she wants to be an artist when she grows up. I thought maybe she was just repeating something she heard somewhere so I asked her if she knows what an artist does. She said "They paint, and draw", "I'm gonna paint a red sun, and a blue bird, and a green bird, and a ellow (yellow) bird". One day she woke up from a nap with a start. She raised her hand in the air, pointed at the ceiling, and with her eyes still half closed proclaimed rather loudly that she was going to be an artist and paint! She must have been dreaming about her "dream". I think I kind of believe her now. :)


I love catching them doing spontaneous things like in the pics above! My two little girls are so full of life, and so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment