Aiden had his eye surgery on January 18th. His eye actually looks straight now! This is an after picture. His eye is still red even now, but is healing up nicely. The surgery was supposed to mainly help his depth perception, and it was also supposed to help his eyes to work together again. We will see in time how much it helped. I was so nervous about the surgery. When they took him away they hadn't even started his IV or given him any meds yet, and I just knew he was probably freaking out. I mean, any kid would right? But, for those of you who know Aiden you know what I'm talking about! The surgery went quicker than I thought it would, so that was good. But, Aiden was totally freaking out when he woke up (normal they said). I couldn't even comfort him which really sucked. But, it didn't take him long to get back to playing at home. He didn't have any nausea or vomitting like they thought he might, so I was pretty happy about that! We still have to patch his good eye (in order to strengthen his weak eye) 2 hours a day until he is 8 years old. He will have wear glasses until he is old enough to wear a contact lense in his weak eye (probably around jr high age). And, the good news is when he is around 21 (when the eyes stop developing and growing) he can get laser surgery on his weak eye and he won't have to wear glasses at all!
While my mom was still here (it was nice to have her here for Aiden's surgery, and to help with his recovery) the girls and I were able to squeeze in another trip to Disneyland with Jodi and Brooklyn! This time the girls wore their new Disney Princess costumes they got for Christmas, and they insisted on taking their matching dolls as well!
They told me they were posing!
All of the kids in their Hawaiian hula shirts from my mom!
All of the kids in their matching Hawaiian outfits from my mom!
My mom always hides from the camera! We were getting ready to go to Tommy's sister Aimee's birthday party here. :)
Beautiful Olivia!
Love my little man in overalls!
Love this coat from Tommy's mom :)
Olivia was mad at me over something - lol!
My neice Brooke feeding Aiden and Olivia for me. She always helps me feed them, and I think she'll be such a good mommy someday. :)
Getting ready to sing happy birthday to Auntie Aimee. They missed her so much because we got to see each-other a lot during the holidays, and then not at all for about a month! :)
Helping Auntie Aimee blow out the candles :)
Yum, yum, cupcake!
Aiden loves to carry his bib around! The outfit is from my mom. :)
Olivia in her board shorts from my mom!
The 3 girls in their board shorts from my mom :)
Outfit from cousin Joshy :)
Princess tutu onesie from my mom :)
So, after almost 3 weeks (she got here on January 5th) my mom finally had to go home on Tuesday the 25th (after dealing with more than one flight nightmare). We'll miss her a lot. Kayla cried for so long when we dropped her off at the airport, and said she didn't want tutu to go back to live at the airport! I am convinced she thinks that anytime we decide we are ready for another visit from tutu we can just head on down to LAX and pick her up. You know, since she lives there and all... ;)






No comments:
Post a Comment