May was a fun month for me because my mom was here for most of it, and my sister even got to come for another short visit! The only bad thing was that me and the kids were sick for most of it. I had been sick for about 2 months before a 2nd round of antibiotics, plus an inhaler, and multiple other medications finally kicked whatever it was. I was able to keep the kids well until about 7 weeks in for me. I think they have finally kicked it after about 3 weeks on and off, but they are still acting a little weak like they are recovering. And, we all have what the doctor calls a "Persistent Post Infectious Cough".
A rare picture of Aiden actually smiling for the camera!
Kayla and Haley with their new Rapunzel dolls. Haley and I got them at Disneyland during her special night out alone with me (poor Kayla was sick).
Olivia posing in her Easter Bunny ears!
Olivia's "Big Girl Hairstyle" :)
Kayla making silly faces in her Easter Bunny ears!
I got to get all dressed up twice in one week! On a Thursday night I got to go with my good friend Kerrie to a bridal industry function. I got this beautiful blue dress for $24 at JC Penney. :)
Aiden is actually getting much better about the camera I think. I was actually trying to get a picture of Olivia here because she for one is a ham in front of the camera! Aiden was following me around though saying "cheese" and stepping in front of the camera while throwing his head back and giving me the biggest cheesiest smiles! It was definitely a first, and so dang cute!
Poor Olivia was not feeling too well this day. She was wearing one of the girls sets of Minnie Mouse ears (these were the gift that Kayla and I brought home to Haley after Kayla's special day alone with mommy at Disneyland after she was feeling better). She just looked so cute in them though that I still had to get a picture, even if there were no smiles. :)
So this was a Saturday (following the Thursday when I got to get all dressed up). Tommy and I got to go to a Zac Brown Band concert at the Hollywood Bowl. A big thank you to my sister Heidi for loaning me the outfit. :)
My mom and sister left yesterday. :( But, the good news is that next month they are coming back down for a week long visit! And during that time we get to go to a girls' weekend in Vegas with a few friends! My 31st birthday present! It will be the first time I have woken up to something other than crying in over 3 years! And it will be my first time back to Vegas in over 4 years (and the last trip I took there I was pregnant dealing with morning sickness, and babysitting the entire weekend so this time it should be way more fun!). I'm pretty sure Kayla and Haley are going to spend that weekend at their Auntie Aimee's, and Tommy will be staying home with Olivia and Aiden. I feel so lucky!






No comments:
Post a Comment