Friday, February 3, 2012

January 2012

January was an interesting time for me. I chose to lay low for most of the month. I watched less t.v., started reading more (I go through about 1 book per week these days), gave up Facebook (well, about 99% of it anyway!), spent more time with the kids, started going to bed by around 11pm (most nights anyway), started spring cleaning early, crafted a little bit, etc... In other words I simplified my life and eliminated as much drama and clutter as I could from it. It also meant I had less to take pictures of! Here are the handful I wanted to share. :)





My brother Micah and his wife Stephanie came to visit for a few days.












What's new with the kids:

Aiden: Says "No" a lot, has started talking a lot more just in the past few weeks, tries to sing the ABC's and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, counts to 10 (but leaves out 7 for some reason!), says "Blankey", "Juice", "Sorry", "Please", and "Thank You" a lot, knows what a circle is, knows where his nose, toes, feet, hands, eyes, and nose are, pretends to snore. Calls Kayla "Kah-Kah" and Olivia "Yah-Yah".

Olivia: Knows a lot of animals and animal sounds, loves to dance, loves to dress up, nods her head yes and shakes her head no to answer your questions because she is in a speaking standoff with us, says "Bye Bye" and waves a lot, is in the 80th percentile for height and was able to ride the Toontown roller coaster at Disneyland for the first time and loved it!  
   
Haley: Is learning to write her name. Learned how to do a sommersault all on her own in dance class. Has been really helpful, has finally tapped into her maternal instincts when it comes to Olivia and Aiden (she used to be really aloof with them, and now she mothers them), has been really obedient.

Kayla: Is learning to write her name. Learned how to do a sommersault all on her own in dance class. Sings all the time. Yesterday I overheard her singing "Baby you don't know a thing about me, you don't know a thing about me" and "I have a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night, that tonight's gonna be a good night, that tonight's gonna be a good good night" (good thing I don't listen to rap or something - hehe!!).
Can do 24 piece puzzles with ease.Was naughty and lost her nightly quarter for her piggy bank, but managed to ask "How about a dime?". Asked me for another baby sister, but said that another baby brother would be ok too. HA!!!

2 comments: