Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Worst of April



April was a tough month for us. Starting Easter Sunday Tommy got really sick and couldn't join the family for Easter festivities. The next day I had my excision of pre-cancerous cells on my arm. It started out as a less than pea sized spot, but they ended up digging it out in about a 1 1/2 inch circumference.


The day after the excision.





The day after my excision I had to take Haley to the doctor because she had been throwing up pretty much non-stop for almost 2 days straight.




They sent us straight over to the ER because they were so worried about how listless she was, and they even suspected a possible appendicitis. Luckilly it did not end up being appendicitis, just a very severe case of whatever virus was going around. She was dehydrated, and they almost gave her an IV, but she was able to keep down enough liquid and anti-nausea medicine to be sent home. She improved for about a day, then started throwing up again and complaining of bad pain in her ear. Tommy took her to urgent care and they said that for some reason she produces way to much ear wax, and they pulled out a ton. She also had an ear infection that she was prescribed 10 days of antibiotics for. She was fine for another day, then started throwing up again, but luckilly that was short lived and the antibiotics finally started kicking in. My poor little girl.

 
After that the heating element in our dryer broke, and of course no store had it in stock, so Tommy had to order it online. The first one they sent us was the wrong one. So we re-ordered. It was supposed to arrive on a Tuesday, but there was a shipping delay and it didn't arrive until Friday. And guess what? There was a broken piece. Luckilly Tommy is pretty handy when it comes to fixing stuff, so he was able to do just that! I think it ended up being 2 weeks total, and I had to go to the laundry mat twice. Plus yesterday I was catching up on 6 more loads of backed up laundry - phew!


During that time we also received a call from an animal shelter in Van Nuys that the family we had given our dog Vladimir to over 2 years ago had dropped him off and could no longer keep him. No judgement please. It was when Olivia and Aiden were just a few months old, and I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and in no position to take care of pets. So Tommy went to pick him up. The kids don't remember him, and the girls had been asking for a dog (which I was not going to even consider until about 3 years from now) so needless to say they were completely thrilled. At first they wanted to change his name to "Princess", but when I explained that he is a boy they settled for adding "Prince" to the beginning of his name. So "Prince Vladimir" it is. ;)


Olivia has always absolutely adored "dog dogs" as she calls them, so she is thrilled to have Vlady. Unfortunately it calls for constant supervision on my part, as she is very rough and man handles him. But, the cutest thing in the world is when she sits next to him with her hand resting on his back while watching cartoons and sipping on her sippy cup. Love in it's purest form. :*)





Our DVD player also broke, so Tommy ordered a new one that actually also plays Blue-ray (sp?). Yeah, yeah, I know. Welcome to the 21st century right?! ;) Oh, and Tommy's IPhone got dropped and shattered just the other day. Sheesh! May better be a much better month for us! I am sure I am forgetting some drama, but you get the jist!


In good news, my scar is healing well. This is 2 weeks post excision - the day I got my stitches out.




This is 3 weeks post excision. Looking even better. :)



In great news my brother Matthew is getting married in September! Congratulations to him and my sister-in-law to be Emily!


No comments:

Post a Comment