We all absolutely LOOOVED this exhibit! My grandma Nancy Ellen (my mom's mom, the one who's gravesite we visited while in Santa Barbara, the one who I am named after, and who I named Haley Ellen after) adored butterflies. They used to land on her in their backyard all the time. Anyone who knows me well knows that I love butterflies too. Have since I was a kid. I'm going to guess it's because of her. My mom swore she could feel her presence there with us. It made us both happy and sad at the same time. :) Another thing I should mention is that my Grandpa Gilbert (my mom's dad) was really into photography. Wonder if I got that from him too. :) I am really excited because while on this weekend trip I was able to really concentrate on starting to use the manual settings on my camera, and now I actually kinda sorta know what I am doing - yay!
I even had one land on my leg! My sister said one landed on her hair. :)
This is one of my favorite shots! He was looking right at me! So cool!
After the butterfly exhibit we went back to State Street to shop and eat at our fave place there "Natural Cafe". On our way out of town we caught a picture of this street sign. It was a great weekend. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment