Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Santa Barbara Trip With My Mom And Sis


So, for my 31st birthday I asked Tommy for a weekend away! The week after my actual birthday my mom and sis flew down from Oregon for a week, and we went to Santa Barbara for 2 days. A great big thank you to Tommy for watching the babies, and to Tommy's sister Aimee for being willing to take Kayla and Haley for the weekend, even with their attitude problems lately! And Tommy's dad and step-mom also helped out by taking the kids to the movies, etc... It was so nice to get away. The first night we just grabbed dinner and walked up and down State Street scoping it out. The 2nd day we went to visit my mom's parent's gravesite. They grew up and met in Santa Barbara, and in the later years of their lives they lived in Santa Barbara again.






Then we went to walk on the beach and pier. This was an interesting van parked in the beach parking lot!



Something you might not know about me, I LOOOVE palm trees! I have since I was about 8 years old. Don't know why, just do. I'm glad I live somewhere where we have a lot of them!





Well, at least he's honest, you have to give him that!

















Toes in the sand. :)



Looking for beach glass, we actually found some!





We went to The Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History on the 3rd day we were there because we wanted to see their live butterfly exhibit. While there we found a special garden made especially for my sister Heidi. ;)




And we took tons of fun pictures!














No comments:

Post a Comment