Thursday, December 8, 2011

Olivia and Aiden's Mickey and Minnie Mouse Themed 2nd Birthday Party!

Everyone knows I love planning birthday parties! Last week we celebrated Olivia and Aiden's 2nd birthday with a big Mickey and Minnie Mouse themed party at our house. I can't believe they are turning 2 in less than a week. They are definitely not babies anymore. I honestly don't know where the time goes! A great big thank you to everyone who came and celebrated with us.


My beautiful Olivia still in her jammies the morning of the party :)



Aiden woke up extra early that morning, so he was all tuckered out and fell asleep rocking himself on the ottoman!








Sugar Sheet covered cake my friend Michelle helped me make. Our intent was to make it look like a cartoon, so I think it turned out pretty good!









Mickey and Minnie cupcakes my friend Michelle helped me make.



Mickey and Minnie Headbands I made using cardboard and felt.




Birthday banner I made with my cricut :)





Haley all excited for the party to start!



Kayla all excited for the party to start!



The handsome birthday boy!



The beautiful birthday girl!



My grandma June and my sister Heidi :)



My sister Heidi and my mom Janet sporting their Minnie Mouse ears!



The birthday girl in full costume!



Kayla and Haley all dressed up, standing in front of the adorable picture area Michelle set up for me. I made the Mickey and Minnie cutouts using a projector, poster board, and markers. Michelle used 3 full rolls of streamers, and as of today it is actually still holding up in perfect condition!



My friend Amber's adorable twin girls!




Michelle hiding out in the kitchen!






Michelle and Ashley in the VIP section ;)



Tommy's sister Allison with Olivia and Aiden :)



My friend Ivonne with her son Alec :)



Michelle getting her face painted!



Kayla getting her face painted :)



Of course she picked the pinkest thing on the board - lol! I thought it turned out awesome!



And of course Haley picked the same thing - too cute!



My cousin Kristina's son Dane getting his face painted :)



It was interesting getting Olivia to sit still after her juice ran out! ;)



But it turned out adorable! And so did Michelle's! ;)



Michelle with her girly girls!



Dane showing off his ink ;)




I though the girl we hired did an amazing job, and she was very reasonable!



Bella getting her face painted :)



My uncle Denny, my grandma June, and I :)



The babies were so upset to get in their high-chairs and have everyone sing happy birthday to them!





But, cupcakes make everything all better ;)






Although Aiden refused to touch his because he doesn't like to get his hands messy, oh well!




Tommy's sister Aimee, and our neice Brooke sporting their Minnie ears :)



Bella showing off her face paint :)




Cousins - Kayla and Josh :)



Brooklyn showing off her face paint :)




The coloring station was a big hit!



Brian and Tommy goofing off!




She also did balloon animals, although her face painting was definitely her best talent!



My friend Justine's adorable boys Michael and Dylan :)



Josh getting his face painted :)



Even my mom got her face painted! Aiden fell asleep in his high-chair with his cupcake so my mom took him out and let him nap on her :)



My friend Christine's son Enzo



Enzo's twin sister Izzie :)




Ivonne and Alec :)



Our nephew Christian and our neice Brooke - such good sports going with the party theme :)



Auntie Aimee with the birthday girl :)



Auntie Allison helping Olivia get her "dog dog" balloon animal :)




Partners in crime! ;) My friend Michelle and I trying to show off our face paint without making it look like we're kissing - haha!!




Auntie Aimee and her girls :)



Everyone helping Olivia open a present - love it!



The 3 amigas! Kerrie, Jodi, and I all sporting our Minnie ears!



And of course a pic of all our girls together! The next generation. ;) Brooklyn, Kayla, Haley, Bella, and Olivia :)



Ivonne with her two boys Ryan and Alec :)



Jaylynn :)



My friend Diane and her daughter Jaylynn sporting their ears! :)



Tutu and her girls :)



Only pic I got of Aiden in his ears :)



We set aside a balloon sword for him while he was napping, and he was loving it!







Michelle and Ashely being CRAAZZZY! ;)






My mom and sis and I :)





Love this one of Aiden!



Daddy and Aiden :)




Opening presents!



Olivia liked this one so much...



...she made a break for it!!! Thank you to my friend Amber for this one. :)



Thank you Kristina! Aiden loves playing with this!



Thank you Kristina! Olivia (and Kayla and Haley!) loves playing with this!



Allison, I looove this jacket for Aiden!




"Diamonds are a girls best friend" tee-shirt for Olivia. Thank you Allison!



Adorable Mickey card my friend Karen made for Aiden. There was one for Olivia too!



Thank you Karen, Aiden loves playing with this train!



Thank you Karen! This tea set is a favorite for all 4 kids, believe it or not - lol!



Thank you Karen, I love this shirt for Olivia! And the matching black one for Aiden!



Thank you Ivonne for the Strawberry Shortcake play set for Olivia!



And for Cars II for Aiden (well, all the kids really!).



Thank you grandpa Don and grandma Lynn for the hotwheels for Aiden!




And for the castle for Olivia...



...doll for Olivia...



...and helicoptor for Aiden. It's one of his favorites!



Thank you grandma June for the dolls for Olivia and Aiden :)



Jodi - I love these cards you've been giving out for birthdays this year! Olivia and Aiden enjoyed wearing them around that night! Olivia and Aiden both loved the dress-up sets you got them, and insisted we put them on right away! Olivia was especially excited about the shoes, and Aiden about the hat!










I love Tommy's face in this one trying to open something in the background - lol!









Thank you for the Target gift cards Christine! I love Target! And a little further down I'm including a picture of what they got with it!









Personalized Mickey and Minnie blankets from my friend Kerrie! They match their bedroom perfectly, and are so soft! I love them!





Ashley, here are some of the jammies I exchanged the others for. Not as cute as Mickey. :-/ But, at least he can't get them off - lol!








Christine, this is what I got them with the gift cards! Olivia got one for their first birthday and she loved it, but it broke recently, which she was not happy about! Aiden was always trying to steal Olivia's! So, now they both have one, and they have been sleeping with them every night (they are personalized and play lullabies). Aiden has even been carrying his around and giving it kisses - lol!



Olivia kissing her doll from grandma June :)



Thank you Justine for the baby doll for Olivia. It is her first "big girl" doll. She's been shoving it into my face ever since the party and making me kiss it - lol!




All 4 kids having a tea party, led by Kayla ;)



Thank you everyone! Sorry we didn't get to open most of the presents at the actual party since Aiden fell asleep, but I hope we got most of them on camera so you could see the kids enjoying all of your gifts! Thank you so much for making Olivia and Aiden's 2nd birthday party so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Thanks for sharing these pictures. Looks like they got a ton of great stuff! What blessed little kids. Where do you put everything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I loved all these present pics! I actually think this was better (opening later) because you and the kids really got to enjoy it! My FAVORITE is Aiden in his jammies and dress up set! LOL...that GRIN! Priceless. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete